Saturday, August 15, 2015

Rest...

This summer has been crazy.  From the 8wks straight of baseball practice 4 nights a week and tournaments every weekend to throwing a 2nd job on top of what I was already doing, losing team members along the way.  Needless to say when August rolled around I was exhausted and honestly probably not much fun to be around.  

Much more to write on that later but for now I just want to express how grateful I am for a weekend at the beach with my family and the rejuvenation it brought.  I told Courtney on Tuesday when I got back to the office that I felt ready to take on the world which was good because that's pretty much what this week entailed, from the 29 (seriously, how on earth am I supposed to get any work done!) meetings in 3.5 days to hosting team members visiting from elsewhere to the myriad of other issues that came up. 

A week ago I would have been a wreck but somehow this week I remained joyful and positive and somehow enjoyed it all (possibly in a sick sort of way). Just another reminder (which I desperately needed) of the power and peace that comes with walking in the spirit.  Not so coincidentally the chapter I'm reading this week for a study with some guys at work is on this very topic and I wanted to share a small snippet: 

God is good, all the time, and all the time, God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment