Friday, January 1, 2016

A bang up time in Denver

While we certainly are having a great time visiting and exploring the Denver area, the bang up I'm referring to is in relation to an unfortunate driving event that involved us and a Mini Cooper that was hiding in my blind spot yesterday as I was changing lanes.  I've always thought myself a good driver and up to November of this year have been blessed to have never been in an accident in my 18 years of driving but this makes 2 in the past couple months (one my fault, one not), a not so subtle reminder of how little control we have over even things we feel we've mastered in this life.

I can blame the gps for not giving me enough time to get over for a turn, the other guy for driving too fast or even the massive blind spot at the B Pillar Volvo designed into the xc90, but the fact of the matter is I screwed up and have a ticket to prove it.  Most importantly nobody was hurt and damage to our car was cosmetic aside from the alignment getting knocked out of whack, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise as the alignment shop found a severely worn and loose tie rod, a safety issue I'm glad has been addressed since we're set to embark on the 900mi trek home tomorrow. 

Timely as always, the verse of the day on Youversion today was Isaiah 43:19-“Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.”  

We've had a great trip exploring and catching up with friends and family and are set to head home tomorrow with our car a little uglier but much safer!

Post "repair" update 1/3/16:

Not much a zip tie can't fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment