Saturday, November 10, 2012

The beginning...


It all started with a rather confusing picturemail and a call from my wife announcing that we not only had 1 baby on the way but 2!  I immediately felt ecstatic, somewhat confused, and a little bit scared and had decided within the first 30 seconds that we not only needed a bigger car but a new house with one kid and 2 on the way.  Once the initial shock wore off we did some planning and while we did settle on a bigger vehicle, we decided to stay in our 3br house and do some creative organizing.

On to the name... I'm a gearhead and spent most of my 20s turning wrenches on everything from Aspires to Yamahas (never owned a Zephyr) which included quite a bit of my own brand of fabrication that can best be described as redneck ingenuity with a little engineering (a term that should be used VERY loosely) mixed in.  That said, I thought it would be fun to document how these skills transfer to fatherhood (this may be a very short-lived blog) and at the very least show others what not to do.  If you arrived here thinking the "Fab" referred to something Fabulous I'm very sorry as there will be nothing in these pages that will match that description...

No comments:

Post a Comment