Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Daily Prayer

This is something God put on my heart this morning as I was praying that pretty much sums up where I'm at and where I want to be, thought I'd share in the event it's helpful to someone else! (links go to related verses/songs)

Lord I thank you for all you’ve done for me and all you’ve called me to.  Please draw my focus and heart away from the burdens of this world--work, car troubles, projects (insert your own here)--and towards the future-Heaven, ministry, the work you’ve called me to.

I pray you’d help me to be confident and persistent in those things and carry out the mission you have for me here at home, work, and in the Church with my eyes focused on you and what you’ve done (the Cross) and what you want (my Heart) for me and from me.

I pray you’d help me to seek first Your kingdom and not my own on a daily basis, to give grace to myself and those around me, to live with joy, purpose and love for others. To cast off the weight of this world and the burdens that come with it and live freely with my eyes focused on You--the author and perfecter of my faith and life. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment